I must be honest as I’m typing this to you all, I find red-carpet styles and award shows to be really boring. I used to not understand why we were so curious as to see what the celebrities were wearing on the red carpet. Why? I can’t go out in a gown. I’d like insane. But now I see that it gives those of us that can’t get into a fashion show, an idea of what trends, colors, and styles are in for the coming season. It doesn’t show exactly what kind of evening dresses are in…It gives us an idea of how to incorporate those looks into our everyday life. So as I saw on the red carpet, I noticed that minimalism was in. There was hardly any jewels on anyone. Low-key hair styles were also popular. Either their hair was down and tousled, or up and messy. There was definitely an array of colors…From dark wines, purples, and midnight blues…To bold yellow, red, and cobalt blue…As well as pretty pastel colors and winter whites, there was a color that suited everyone’s skin complexion. So, instead of going the mainstream route by posting everyone’s picturing and commenting how “pretty” they looked, I compiled a list of the Top 10 Best Dressed celebrities of the night. There was some that didn’t make it though like the gorgeous girls that were trying too hard (Jennifer Lopez, Megan Fox) and some that were a bit predictable (Beyoncé). There was also others that may be popular among everyone else, but were a bit bland in my book. (Angeline Jolie and Penelope Cruz, anyone?) Instead, here’s who I think shined that night.
1. Olivia Wilde in Reem Acra. Pretty, pretty princess! I love the pink dress…The girliness and prettiness of the ruffles. Her low-key make-up and hair…The earrings complimenting the belt…She looks absolutely stunning. And it may not be fair that I have a “girl crush” on her.
2. Eva Longoria in Reem Acra. Va-Va-Va-VOOM! Watch out for the lady in red. She certainly turned heads that night in this stunning red gown that beautiful displayed her curves. She gives us petite girls hope.
3. Miley Cyrus in Marchesa. I’m not too crazy about her singing or her acting, but she definitely impressed me with this gorgeous gown. It somehow suits her for her age…It’s a lot better than that red number she wore a year ago.
4. Eva Mendes in Dior. Effortless and beautiful. She definitely looked stunning (I’m overusing this word now.) on the red carpet with her turquoise jewlery and ivory gown. I don’t care if people don’t understand the big bow on her hip, she’s GORGEOUS!
5. Kate Winslet in Yves Saint Laurent. Such a classic beauty in this long black gown. Not only was she a winner, but she looked like one as well.
6. Jennifer Morrison in Oscar De La Renta. I didn’t know of her until I saw her that night. She caught my attention in this gorgeous cobalt blue number. Is it the color, the dress, the girl, or all the above? I’m not sure, but it’s certainly working for her.
7. Salma Hayek in Dior. She was certainly a “hot mama” in this ivory gown, but her hair was a little harsh.
8. Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive. She looks very vintage glam in this gorgeous deep blue dress. She has the perfect porcelain skin that makes you want to hate her. Even though I adore her, her hair is also a little severe and could be a lot softer around her face. I loved to see her with her hair down on the red carpet.
9. Christina Applegate in Roberto Cavalli. I LOVE this color. She pulls off yellow very well. She reminds me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
10. Drew Barrymore in John Galliano. (Continuing on with the Disney Princess theme…) Cinderella has arrived! I can’t understand her hair, but I definitely love this dress. She just looks so adorable.